The remains of Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt- Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and 10 other officers, who died in the ill-fated crashed NAF aircraft in Kaduna Friday, were buried in Abuja, Saturday, NAN Reports that friends , sympathizers, and Colleagues were there wept heavily as their remains were laid to rest at the National Military Cemetery Abuja.
The interment followed funeral services at the National Mosque and Nigerian Air Force Protestant Church, after the bodies were received at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.
President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented by the Minister of Defence, retired Maj.-Gen. Bashir Magashi, at the funeral, eulogised the late Attahiru and other officers, who died with him.
Buhari said that the late army chief was a dedicated and committed officer, who died when his services were most needed.
He said that late Attahiru had demonstrated a high level of commitment as well as inspired courage and confidence in the officers and soldiers of Nigerian army.
“Today is indeed a trying moment for the Nigerian army and indeed the armed forces of our country, a period that witnessed the death of 11 brave officers and men of the armed forces in an ill-fated plane crash in Kaduna.
“These were absolute gentlemen and were one of the most disciplined officers and men who sacrificed their lives in the service of the nation and they will never be forgotten.
“These fine gentlemen had a glorious career in the armed forces in the course of which they served gallantly in several capacities,” he said.
According to him, the late Gen. Attahiru was an icon of professionalism, bravery and discipline and he actually demonstrated these attributes throughout his national and international assignments.
“The late chief of army staff inspired courage and confidence in Nigerian army which informed the successes recorded during his watch.
“He led the Nigerian army from the front and was a source of inspiration worthy of emulation by all officers and men of the armed forces of Nigeria,” he said.
Buhari promised to ensure that the contribution of the deceased officer to the unity, peace and security of Nigeria would be remembered.
He also said the late three brigadier generals were some of the finest gentlemen in the armed forces in recent times.
He said that the late majors and crew members were also promising young officers that were dedicated and committed to the service of their fatherland.
He, however, condoled with the families of the fallen officers and assured them of the Federal Government support through the trying time.
He prayed for the souls of the departed to find peace in eternity.
In attendance at the funeral were the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, governors of Borno, Kaduna, Kebbi and Yobe as well as other service chiefs.
Also, the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr Boss Mustapha, among others attended the event.
Funke Akindele’s marriage of 2 years with JJC Skillz has said to have been crashed as a result of fornication and gross misconduct on the part of the husband
Nigerian famous celebrity and filmmaker, Funke Akindele’s marriage has crashed this was made available by her husband JJC Skillz through his social media handle. JCC Skillz made this known while posting about how the marriage could not stand with the test of time.
JJC Skillz revealed the news in a post on his Instagram page after initially denying allegations of his marital problems in April.
He said the last two years had been extremely difficult for them.
He wrote, “Dear Friends and family, I need to let you know that Funke and I have separated. While it lasted, we shared a lot of things together and have created 2 beautiful children. The last two years have been extremely difficult for us.
”I know I have tried my best to fix things, but I believe it is beyond repair now. 3 months ago and at Funke’s insistence, I moved out of the house and apart from AMVCA have not been able to get Funke to sit down in an amicable manner to discuss the future of our relationship.
”I’m making this announcement so that the public is clear that we both are pursuing separate lives. We still have issues that need to be addressed such as the custody and wellbeing of our children which is paramount as well as business interests that need to be disentangled but I have no doubt that these will be resolved one way or the other.”
The national leader of all progressive congress APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has come out to address the delegate during the voting process and said he will start working from day one if is elected as president of the federal republic of Nigeria
Former Lagos State Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressed the delegates that his commitment to the nation’s development is uncompromised and he will start working if elected as president.
After the tragedy that led to the death of about 25 people on Sunday 5th in Ondo, Tinubu visits the church and donates 75 million to Owo to the victims of the incident
Tinubu visits Owo donates 75 million to the catholic church
Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu visits Owo, Donates 75 million nairas to the victim of yesterday’s attack in Owa, Owo Ondo State.
Owo attacked by unknown gunmen were announced on Sunday in Ondo where Catholics member were worshiping their God. The massacre which was taken place where members of the church were gathered to praise on Sunday 5th of June. It was recorded that over 25 people were killed by these dreaded gunmen.
The incident was seen as gruesome by Nigerian Nigerian and it was condemned, while reacting to the attack, APC 2023 presidential aspirant Bola Ahmed Tinubu expressed his feeling and condemned the attack.
Tinubu was seen visited the place and donated a whopping sum of 75M to the victims at the hospital where there are currently receiving treatment.
Remember that on Sunday, unidentified armed men stormed the St Francis Catholic Church in Owo and opened fire on worshipers.