Connect with us

News

How U.S commandos rescued kidnapped American in Nigeria

“U.S. forces conducted a hostage rescue operation during the early hours of Oct 31 in northern Nigeria to recover an American citizen held hostage by a group of armed men,” said Jonathan Hoffman, who is the chief spokesman at the Pentagon.

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

The operation was carried out by commandos from the Navy’s elite SEAL Team 6.

The rescued American’s name has been given as 27-year-old Philip Walton.

The Americans tracked the phones of his attackers to the hide-out where he had been held, hostage.

“U.S. forces conducted a hostage rescue operation during the early hours of Oct 31 in northern Nigeria to recover an American citizen held hostage by a group of armed men,” said Jonathan Hoffman, who is the chief spokesman at the Pentagon.

Hoffman added that the rescued American “is safe and is now in the care of the U.S. Department of State.”

Another U.S official said Walton had been taken to an American airbase in Niamey, Niger’s capital, to reunite with his family.

No American military personnel was injured during the operation. Several of the captors were killed in the raid, U.S. officials said

“The mission was to rescue an American citizen who had been kidnapped from his home in southern Niger Republic and hidden in neighboring Nigeria.”

The Us President Donald Trump

US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP IN CAMPAIGN RALLY

U.S President Donald Trump who approved the mission, was visibly elated as he announced the success of the operation during a campaign rally in Pennsylvania.

“Last night, our country’s brave warriors rescued an American hostage in Nigeria. Our nation salutes the courageous soldiers behind the daring nighttime rescue operation and celebrates the safe return of yet another American citizen!”, Trump said.

Trump would further praise the military for what he called a “brilliantly executed” operation.

“Last night our brave special forces rescued an American hostage,” he said as the crowd cheered and chanted “USA.”

“We had a mission set to a far-away land where they kidnapped an American citizen and the kidnappers wished they had never done it,” Trump said, adding that there were zero American casualties. “The other side suffered greatly, I can tell you that,” he said.

Walton is the son of missionaries. He lives with his wife and young daughter on a farm near Massalata, a small village close to the border with Nigeria.

The New York Times reports that the American and Nigerien officials had said that Walton was seized from his backyard on Monday in front of family members after assailants asked him for money.

He offered them $40 and was then taken away by the armed gunmen on motorbikes. The captors would go on to demand nearly $1 million in ransom for his release.

One American official said the assailants were criminals who intended to sell Walton to terrorist groups in the region.

The operation was organized quickly with the assistance of officials in Niger and Nigeria, the official said.

Us Army In Rescue Of Us Citizen Kidnapped

US ARMY IN RESCUE OF US CITIZEN KIDNAPPED

According to U.S. officials, the rescue started just after midnight local time when about 30 Navy commandos parachuted into the remote area where the kidnappers had taken Walton.

Members of the rescue team hiked about three miles until they came upon the captors’ small encampment in a copse of scrubland bushes and trees. In the brief but intense firefight that ensued and with surveillance drones buzzing overhead, all but one of the half-dozen or so kidnappers were killed. One captor escaped into the night. Walton was not harmed in the gun battle, and he walked out to a makeshift landing zone, where a U.S. helicopter whisked him to safety.

News

Funke Akindele Marriage of 2 years with JJC Skillz Crashed

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

By

Funke Akindele Marriage Of 2 Years With Jjc Skillz Crash

Funke Akindele’s marriage of 2 years with JJC Skillz has said to have been crashed as a result of fornication and gross misconduct on the part of the husband

Nigerian famous celebrity and filmmaker, Funke Akindele’s marriage has crashed this was made available by her husband JJC Skillz through his social media handle. JCC Skillz made this known while posting about how the marriage could not stand with the test of time.

JJC Skillz revealed the news in a post on his Instagram page after initially denying allegations of his marital problems in April.

He said the last two years had been extremely difficult for them.

He wrote, “Dear Friends and family, I need to let you know that Funke and I have separated. While it lasted, we shared a lot of things together and have created 2 beautiful children. The last two years have been extremely difficult for us.

Also read why Queen Naomi Breaks Up With Ooni Of Ife

”I know I have tried my best to fix things, but I believe it is beyond repair now. 3 months ago and at Funke’s insistence, I moved out of the house and apart from AMVCA have not been able to get Funke to sit down in an amicable manner to discuss the future of our relationship.

”I’m making this announcement so that the public is clear that we both are pursuing separate lives. We still have issues that need to be addressed such as the custody and wellbeing of our children which is paramount as well as business interests that need to be disentangled but I have no doubt that these will be resolved one way or the other.”

Continue Reading

News

My Work Starts From Day One If I Am Elected – Tinubu

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

By

My Work Starts From Day One If I Am Elected

The national leader of all progressive congress APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has come out to address the delegate during the voting process and said he will start working from day one if is elected as president of the federal republic of Nigeria

Former Lagos State Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressed the delegates that his commitment to the nation’s development is uncompromised and he will start working if elected as president.

Read Also :Owo Church Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦75 Million To The Victims

He assures the delegates while giving his words to vote for him, Asiwaju who is one of the 2023 presidential aspirants for APC says that insecurity in Nigeria will be a thing of the past.

He pleaded for their votes and promised that insecurity and terrorism will be dealt with drastically.

He however urged the delegates to vote for him b

Recall that Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu has visited the scene of the Owo Catholic Church attack and donated a whopping sum of 75 million nairas to the victims.

Continue Reading

News

Owo Church Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦75 Million To The Victims

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

By

2023 Apc Presidential Primaries

After the tragedy that led to the death of about 25 people on Sunday 5th in Ondo, Tinubu visits the church and donates 75 million to Owo to the victims of the incident

Tinubu Visits Owo Donates 75 Million
Tinubu visits Owo donates 75 million : Tinubu was seen visited the place and donated a whopping sum of 75M to the victims at the hospital where there are currently receiving treatment.

Tinubu visits Owo donates 75 million to the catholic church

Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu visits Owo, Donates 75 million nairas to the victim of yesterday’s attack in Owa, Owo Ondo State.

Owo attacked by unknown gunmen were announced on Sunday in Ondo where Catholics member were worshiping their God. The massacre which was taken place where members of the church were gathered to praise on Sunday 5th of June. It was recorded that over 25 people were killed by these dreaded gunmen.

Also Read : 2023 : Pro-Tinubu Group Opposes APC Consensus

The incident was seen as gruesome by Nigerian Nigerian and it was condemned, while reacting to the attack, APC 2023 presidential aspirant Bola Ahmed Tinubu expressed his feeling and condemned the attack.

Tinubu was seen visited the place and donated a whopping sum of 75M to the victims at the hospital where there are currently receiving treatment.

Remember that on Sunday, unidentified armed men stormed the St Francis Catholic Church in Owo and opened fire on worshipers.

Continue Reading

Trending