Connect with us

News

Police Re-arrest Man Behind Ughelli Viral Video That Sparked #EndSARS Protest

Avatar Of Abass Ayobami Tajudeen

Published

on

The videographer behind the viral video alleging the killing of one person by a team of policemen that sparked the #EndSARS protest across the country, Mr. Nicholas Makolomi, was Monday rearrested and whisked to Abuja by a team of operatives from the Force Intelligence Bureau, FIB.

Mr. Makolomi, a resident of Ughelli, headquarters of Ughelli North local government area of Delta State, in the company of two others currently at large, had shot the video in October and posted it on the social media leading to his arrest and subsequent arraignment by the police at Asaba.

Though he was released on bail by the court following several outcries for his release, the videographer who had earlier refuted the viral clip had told Vanguard that he shot the video with the intention of helping to checkmate the excesses of erring policemen particularly the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS.

His lawyer, Ekenemolise Osifo while condemning the arrest of his client, had told journalists that the rearrest of his client at Asaba despite the Federal High Court ruling against his initial arrest and detention, was a gross violation of the rule of law and show of utter disregard for the courts and the judiciary by the police.

Osifo had alleged that the reason for the rearrest of his client was because he had brought the attention of the police to an act of unlawful extortion conducted by a Superintendent of Police who requested for the sum of N.5milliom to grant him soft landing over his lingering case with the police.

According to him:-

“As a cover up for their inadequacy or lack of discipline to investigate the extortion issue, the police cunningly withdrew the pending matter from the court and rearrested him.”

Read This

I AM Ashamed Of Nigeria After Soldiers Killed People In Lekki Ighalo Speaks Out

See The Foolish Ugandan Artiste “Bebe Cool” That Calls For The Arrest Of Omah Lay & Tems In Uganda (Photos)

https://blendng.com/nigeria-should-be-totally-shut-down-nobody-should-go-to-work-2baba-advises/entertainment/

Speaking on the arrest, two rights activists in the state, Mr. Odafe Ogurume and Mr. Isreal Joe alongside others met with the Delta State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa to demand for his release.

According to the duo:-

“During the meeting, the CP informed us that the arrest was effected by operatives of the FIB, hence it is now within the purview of the federal government, but however, we are trying to see what we can do to ensure that he is released.”

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Funke Akindele Marriage of 2 years with JJC Skillz Crashed

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

By

Funke Akindele Marriage Of 2 Years With Jjc Skillz Crash

Funke Akindele’s marriage of 2 years with JJC Skillz has said to have been crashed as a result of fornication and gross misconduct on the part of the husband

Nigerian famous celebrity and filmmaker, Funke Akindele’s marriage has crashed this was made available by her husband JJC Skillz through his social media handle. JCC Skillz made this known while posting about how the marriage could not stand with the test of time.

JJC Skillz revealed the news in a post on his Instagram page after initially denying allegations of his marital problems in April.

He said the last two years had been extremely difficult for them.

He wrote, “Dear Friends and family, I need to let you know that Funke and I have separated. While it lasted, we shared a lot of things together and have created 2 beautiful children. The last two years have been extremely difficult for us.

Also read why Queen Naomi Breaks Up With Ooni Of Ife

”I know I have tried my best to fix things, but I believe it is beyond repair now. 3 months ago and at Funke’s insistence, I moved out of the house and apart from AMVCA have not been able to get Funke to sit down in an amicable manner to discuss the future of our relationship.

”I’m making this announcement so that the public is clear that we both are pursuing separate lives. We still have issues that need to be addressed such as the custody and wellbeing of our children which is paramount as well as business interests that need to be disentangled but I have no doubt that these will be resolved one way or the other.”

Continue Reading

News

My Work Starts From Day One If I Am Elected – Tinubu

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

By

My Work Starts From Day One If I Am Elected

The national leader of all progressive congress APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has come out to address the delegate during the voting process and said he will start working from day one if is elected as president of the federal republic of Nigeria

Former Lagos State Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressed the delegates that his commitment to the nation’s development is uncompromised and he will start working if elected as president.

Read Also :Owo Church Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦75 Million To The Victims

He assures the delegates while giving his words to vote for him, Asiwaju who is one of the 2023 presidential aspirants for APC says that insecurity in Nigeria will be a thing of the past.

He pleaded for their votes and promised that insecurity and terrorism will be dealt with drastically.

He however urged the delegates to vote for him b

Recall that Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu has visited the scene of the Owo Catholic Church attack and donated a whopping sum of 75 million nairas to the victims.

Continue Reading

News

Owo Church Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦75 Million To The Victims

Avatar Of Blendng

Published

on

By

2023 Apc Presidential Primaries

After the tragedy that led to the death of about 25 people on Sunday 5th in Ondo, Tinubu visits the church and donates 75 million to Owo to the victims of the incident

Tinubu Visits Owo Donates 75 Million
Tinubu visits Owo donates 75 million : Tinubu was seen visited the place and donated a whopping sum of 75M to the victims at the hospital where there are currently receiving treatment.

Tinubu visits Owo donates 75 million to the catholic church

Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu visits Owo, Donates 75 million nairas to the victim of yesterday’s attack in Owa, Owo Ondo State.

Owo attacked by unknown gunmen were announced on Sunday in Ondo where Catholics member were worshiping their God. The massacre which was taken place where members of the church were gathered to praise on Sunday 5th of June. It was recorded that over 25 people were killed by these dreaded gunmen.

Also Read : 2023 : Pro-Tinubu Group Opposes APC Consensus

The incident was seen as gruesome by Nigerian Nigerian and it was condemned, while reacting to the attack, APC 2023 presidential aspirant Bola Ahmed Tinubu expressed his feeling and condemned the attack.

Tinubu was seen visited the place and donated a whopping sum of 75M to the victims at the hospital where there are currently receiving treatment.

Remember that on Sunday, unidentified armed men stormed the St Francis Catholic Church in Owo and opened fire on worshipers.

Continue Reading

Trending