As the deadliest novel corona virus is trying to emerge again thousands of people have seen gathering at NIMC office to get their NIN at Alausa Ikeja in Lagos
WHAT You Should Know
Operators to require ALL their subscribers to provide valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.
The submission of NIN by subscribers to take place within two weeks (from today December 16, 2020, and end by 30 December 2020).
After the deadline, ALL SIMs without NINs are to be blocked from the networks.
A Ministerial Task Force comprising the Minister and all the CEOs (among others) as members is to monitor compliance by all networks.
Violations of this directive will be met by stiff sanctions, including the possibility of withdrawal of operating license.
- It is of our opinion that there are certain things to take into consideration and this will greatly affect and avoid the spread of the virus.
- The large gathering of people at this time around is called for concerned and it is very alarming.
- Medical experts have raised a concern over this social gathering, which may bring about remerging of novel virus in Nigeria.
- The federal government should introduce a measure and adapt another system to avoid large social gathering which may lead to Covid-19 .
- Federal government to extend the deadline given out earlier this will give Nigerians more time to register their SIM and get their NIN.
In another development WHO made a step further on how to ensure safety and avoid contacting each other. The video was made to educate and enlighten the people all over the world about how to avoid the novel virus. WHO made an incredible steps over this